STRESS AND JUICING
None of us can live this life on earth without being stressed by someone or something at some point. But we can cope with stress and pressure if we give our bodies the nutrients they need. Juicing can help our bodies get the appropriate amount of vitamins and minerals they need to help us in our fight to minimize stress.
Juicing enables us to face pressure easier and effectively without requiring us to take supplements and medication.
In case you didn’t know, stress from daily life releases cortisol—our stress hormone. But other contributors can cause anxiety or aggravate the situation. Some of these contributors are:
- Excessive exercise
- Fast-releasing sugars such as sweets, breakfast cereals, white bread, and pasta
- Low blood sugar levels or dehydration
- Soft drinks
If your diet includes a lot of processed foods, fast-releasing sugars, and alcohol, they can stimulate the release of cortisol in your body. And if you’re already stressed, these contributors will only elevate the stress response, contrary to popular belief.
This only means that to combat stress, you should have a healthy diet. Here are two stress-relieving juice recipes for you.
THE MUCH-NEEDED RECIPES
This is ideal to drink after a long, exhausting day. It emphasizes the most popular benefit of celery which is to replace lost electrolytes and rehydrate the body. The recipe also includes broccoli which is loaded with iron, zinc, phosphorus, phytonutrients, vitamin A, vitamin K, and B-complex vitamins.
This juice blend also contains spinach which is abundant in amino acid tryptophan, which makes our mood and sleep better. Finally, it includes carrots which improve our eyesight, skin, digestive system, and teeth.
- 1 large or 2 small carrots
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- 3 to 4 stalks of broccoli
- 3 to 4 stalks of celery
- Cut the ingredients so they can fit in your juicer’s feed.
- Transfer the juice to a glass.
- Serve with crushed ice.
This awesome green juice is both zesty and sweet, making it an excellent recipe to treat stress and anxiety. It can also improve overall mental health. This juice can help manage cortisol levels in the body by providing the body with the essential nutrients to deal with stress.
- 1/2 honeydew melon (about 500g)
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 apples (about 420g)
- Baby spinach (around 100g)
- Soak the spinach leaves in water first, then leave them to dry naturally.
- Scoop out the honeydew melon from the hard skin.
- Slice the apples into chunks. Don’t include the apple seeds or core.
- Alternating between soft and hard produce, place the ingredients in your juicer by batch.
- Squeeze the lemon into the juice before drinking.
- Serve with crushed ice.
Life-saving tip: It’s best to juice these recipes using one of the top rated blenders for ice crushing. After all, these refreshing recipes are best served chilled.